Option to have a complete report, including additions

Oct 23, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Thanks for your work, it is really helpfull. I was working with LibCheck untill now, but your tool gives a much cleaner report.

Most of the time, I am using such a tool to get the breaking changes. But sometimes, having a report of all added stuff is also useful.

I was wondering if it would be relatively easy to add an option to also log all the "new" API? Added types, methods, properties, etc...

LibCheck is reporting theses added stuff, but the report is abusive (ex. will report all the inherited members of the new class) which is very annoying....

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you - day job work has been very busy.

To your question - there was a command line option to show additions to the API, unfortunately in the refactoring into a more extensible rules-based structure, I removed the capability temporarily. There are a few more changes to make before I can get back to concentrating on adding rules and additions to the API will certainly be in there. 

How about logging something in the issue tracker so this requirement doesn't get lost?

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Done ! Issue #12

http://sai.codeplex.com/workitem/12

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Just release v 0.4 with changes. Enjoy!

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Thanx ! I really appreciate your work.

I found some issues. I will log them

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:24 AM

All issues should be resolved now. Will release as 4.1

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Great! Thank you !

I'll wait for your official download package.